Thanks for stopping by. I hope you had a chance to read my previous entry, it might interest you. Now you can learn how to dominate Google with Pay Per Click!
Back to this entry… The other night I was hanging out with some friends and we were talking about MLM. This guy started recommending a few books to me that are Must-Reads. One of them was Dale Carnegie's ‘How to win friends and influence people'. He told me “I know it sounds pathetic, but it's not, it's a really good book!” and I totally believed him. Isn't that what this whole new wave is about? Promoting You, Inc. and be known online? Well yes! And this book was published in 1936. People already knew about the power of influence.
The book has 4 chapters, below is a summary of each. Maybe this will draw your attention, and you might want to read the book in its entirety. Keep going and you'll fine a download link at the end 😉
Fundamental Techniques in Handling People
- Don't criticize, condemn or complain.
- Give honest and sincere appreciation.
- Arouse in the other person an eager want.
Six ways to make people like you
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person's interests.
- Make the other person feel important - and do it sincerely.
Win people to your way of thinking
- The only way to get the best of an argument is to avoid it.
- Show respect for the other person's opinions. Never say, "You're wrong."
- If you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
- Begin in a friendly way.
- Get the other person saying "yes, yes" immediately.
- Let the other person do a great deal of the talking.
- Let the other person feel that the idea is his or hers.
- Try honestly to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Be sympathetic with the other person's ideas and desires.
- Appeal to the nobler motives.
- Dramatize your ideas.
- Throw down a challenge.
Be a Leader: How to Change People Without Giving Offense or Arousing Resentment
A leader's job often includes changing your people's attitudes and behavior. Some suggestions to accomplish this:
- Begin with praise and honest appreciation.
- Call attention to people's mistakes indirectly.
- Talk about your own mistakes before criticizing the other person.
- Ask questions instead of giving direct orders.
- Let the other person save face.
- Praise the slightest improvement and praise every improvement. Be "hearty in your approbation and lavish in your praise."
- Give the other person a fine reputation to live up to.
- Use encouragement. Make the fault seem easy to correct.
- Make the other person happy about doing the thing you suggest.
If this has made you curious, just as it made me, then I invite you to go here and download the book :
This book is a must if you are looking to develop your personality and your influence on others. And it's not useful only from a business point of view, but also from a social one. This can actually help you open up to others, and become a better listener.